|United Way of Hastings Junior Board|
United Way of Hastings Junior Board
What is the Junior Board of Directors?
When does the Junior Board of Directors Meet?
What are the guidelines for the Junior Board of Directors?
· Volunteer partnership with existing local nonprofit organizations (preferably UWH funded agencies) or school organizations to undertake service projects under the direction of the nonprofit;
· Elects officers (president, president-elect, VP, secretary, and treasurer) with defined roles who organize meeting dates, run the meetings, organize volunteer activities, account for funds, and communicate with members with limited participation and oversight by UWH Board members;
· Mimics UWH work as much as possible including volunteer at UWH kickoff campaign, ambassadors to UWH funded agencies, Jr Board member serves on allocations committee, Jr Board officer attends UWH Board meetings, Jr Board members volunteer to serve on UWH Board committees and work at UWH fundraising events;
· UWH works with high school/counseling office to attract students to the Jr Board who have limited participation in after school activities to provide leadership opportunities for these students;
· UWH Board members pair up with Jr Board members to provide mentorships (can look at pairings based on career interests), including assisting in applying to post-secondary institutions and providing letters of reference;
· UWH continues to provide limited financial support by paying for incidental expenses and pizza, etc. for meetings;
· Commitment from all UWH Board members to be involved with Junior Board members.
Connect with the Jr. Board
United Way of Hastings is working to advance the common good by focusing on education, income and health. These are the building blocks for a good life – a quality education that leads to a stable job, enough income to support a family through retirement and good health.
Our goal is to create long-lasting changes that prevent problems from happening in the first place.
Make a Donation
Your donation, large or small, makes it possible for United Way to improve lives in our community.
|United Way of Hastings - PO Box 353 - Hastings, MN 55033-0353